Saturday, May 17, 2008

What is it all about?

When I bought my first diatonic harmonica (key of C) and started to learn playing on it on my own, I discovered that it is not so simple to find backing tracks for play along, especially in appropriate key of my instrument. Searching on Internet and pre-listening to the tracks (free MIDI or audio files) to make sure if they are suitable for me, took so much time, so I decided to find a better way to find backing tracks for my harmonica quicker.

I looked at few of music PC software products that could help me in my learning process and in some of them I found very useful features to adjust the original music e.g. the tuning, transposition and tempo. Now when I find on Internet a melody I like, I can adjust it's sound to my harmonica key using software.

I will share the ideas on my next posts soon, how I do it using a PC and more other things to improve self learning process of playing harmonica.

More tips at http://harmonicatips.blogspot.com

No comments: